Monday, July 2, 2012

Android App: Battery Defender

Maker: Infolife LLC

When I first started using a smartphone, I realized that the battery drain empty very fast. A friend recommended me to use some apps to help "manage" the battery life. I tried it for a while but dont really like it because it needs alot of customization. Needless to say, I uninstalled it a few days afterward.

For me, an app that would help me extend my battery life should be something very simple. Just a push of a button and a few inputs, everything would be ready.

Simple wish, but very hard to fulfill because many of these apps are too complicated for my simple mind. At least until I find this app call Battery Defender by Infolife LLC. Even though it is still in beta version, it works perfectly to my needs.

 The Battery Defender icon on my smartphone

 The main screen of Battery Defender

To turn it on, press the big round button at the top right. General policy is for most of the time. Night policy is for during the night when you go to sleep and not touching your phone while the low battery policy is for, well, during low battery time (adjustable in setting). Simple, right?

The few square buttons below are for wifi, data connection, GPS and bluetooth. Blue colour if it is on. And the last button would bring you to the setting page (as below).

Battery Defender Setting Page

The setting page basically explain itself. I just love the "sleeping time" setting, can adjust according to what time I sleep and what time I wake up.

Update on the rating

Rate:
Usefulness 5 / 5 Stars
Stability 5 / 5 Stars
Fun 1 / 5 Stars
Attractiveness 2 / 5 Stars
Value for Money: 5 / 5 Stars
Met Expectation 4 / 5 Stars
Overall: 3.5 / 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...