Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Movie; Journey 2: the Mysterious Islands

Truth be said, I wasn't putting much hope on this movie when it first come out. I didn't even bother to check it out when it hit the cinema a while back. But when I came across the DVD, somehow, I couldn't resist checking it out. Maybe I was too bored, wasn't able to get out of the house due to a sprained ankle.

Anyway, back to the review. I only know two facts about the movie. One, it is the sequel to the first movie "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" which I enjoyed pretty much back then. And two, it got Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock in it. Don't get me wrong. I like Dwayne Johnson from the time he was still in professional wrestling and I still like him. But I realized that alot of time, he has been stereotyped and the action based actor and I could see that many of his movie is about the same.

Okay, now to the movie. I think the setup of how they actually get to the island is a very good idea.


Sean, the nephew from the first movie, somehow got a code that he believed was sent by his grandfather who has been missing for the past two years. He got an unlikely help from his stepfather, Hank, to decipher it, which turn out to be an island near Palau. Sean want to go and search for his grandfather himself but Hank ended up going with him.

Once in Palau, they went to the port to look for a boat that would take them to the coordinate but ended up with a helicopter tour guide, Gabato and his daughter, Kailani. The helicopter get caught in a major vortex and crashed, waking up on the island.


The island turn out to be very similar to what was written in the three books, which was the clue from the code.

They wander around and eventually found Sean's grandfather but an unexpected turn force them to leave in a hurry.

Sean shows great courage and managed to won the heart of Kailani.


Six months later, during Sean's birthday, the grandfather drop by for a visit and give him a book titled From the Earth to the Moon, hinting another adventure (sequel).

Overall, the storyline is not bad but I felt it is abit rushed. The visual are definitely stunning, loving it every bit.

Story line - 3.5 / 5 Stars
Acting - 3.5 / 5 Stars
Score (soundtrack) - 3 / 5 Stars
Visuals - 5 / 5 Stars
Value for Money - 4 / 5 Stars
Met Expectation - 4 / 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...